Chiropractic & Posture
Chiropractic is the science of locating problems in the spine, the art of reducing their impact to the nervous system, and a philosophy of natural health care based on your inborn potential to be healthy.
Chiropractors are experts at analyzing posture and spinal problems. We do this by searching for the problems that are at the root of poor posture; analysing the normal spinal curvatures, movement and alignment.
Some of the analyses a Chiropractor undertakes when checking your posture includes assessing a patient for:
• changes in the stance (eg. the outward turning of one or both feet)
• alignment of the knees
• levelling of the hips or pelvis
• height differences across the shoulders
• tilting of the head and neck
• forward tilting of the pelvis
• forward head translation
• increase in the spinal curvatures
• changes to gait (walking)
If there are any problems found, our chiropractors can recommend a course of treatment and exercises to help improve and restore good posture. This is important as poor posture can impact not just your spinal health but your overall health and wellbeing.