Your Body Is Quite Amazing!
Did you know that, on average, you and everyone you know will:
- on average drink 70,000 cups of coffee
- spend 29.75% of our lives sitting down
- spend 41% of our lives staring at a screen (eg phone, tv, tablet, etc)
- laugh 481,760 times
- spend 1,765 days socialising with family and friends
- spend 3 months of our entire life on the toilet
- walk around 120,000km (that is over 3 times around the entire world)
- yawn about 250,000 times
Did you also know that your body does all these amazing things:
- your heart will beat 3,363,840,000 times over the average life span
- your nose can remember 50,000 different scents
- your ears and nose never stop growing!
- an adult is made up of 7,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 individual atoms…there’s ‘only’ 300,000,000,000 stars in our galaxy
- a full head of human hair is strong enough to support 12 tonnes
- the atoms that make up the human body today are the same atoms that formed during the big bang
- the human brain could perform 38 thousand-trillion operations per second. The world’s most powerful super computer can only manage 0.002%
- your body produces 25 million new cells every second
- we are made up of 90% fungi and bacteria
This list of all the cool stuff that our body is does could go on, and on, and on.
Sometimes it’s hard to believe our bodies are, actually amazing. We just tend to take it for granted that it does what it does and never really give a thought to the countless individual processes that are happening CONSTANTLY to keep us alive and healthy! But, its a simple fact that we can easily forget.
We are constantly bombarded with all types of media that inform us that our bodies aren’t perfect unless we add something to them… or buy the product they are trying to sell us. Once we buy that product our lives and our bodies will be complete is the sales pitch. When the simple fact of the matter is that our body is amazing and complete just the way it is! And if you don’t believe this, pay attention to the ads on TV next time, or check out the latest glossy magazine!
And, don’t worry about the media, we are doing enough of a number on ourselves every day. We constantly bombard our bodies with stress – physical, mental and chemical – every single day! And still our bodies turn up to ‘work’ every single day!
This stress that we are exposed to everyday results in interference to the optimal state of your body. As Chiropractor’s we check and adjust, if needed, to align the body with its optimal function, its inner ability to be amazing. Every single one of us!